Here we go again… After the last batch of AVR-based replacement boards were sold, I swore to myself that I wouldn’t make any more of these. The previous board was made to fit the existing edge connector that was sitting on top of the power supply. The intention at the time was to keep as much of the game internals as original as possible. Both electrical and mechanical. I had kept one replacement PCB for my machine.
Back in May, I decided that it was time to upgrade to a larger 3D printer. The two obvious candidates were the Voron and the RatRig. After some deliberation, I decided on getting a RatRig V-Core 3.1 400. After having built the printer, it was time to test it. I landed on Droid Division’s incredible Battle Droid I have been meddling with 3D printing since Makerbot launched the Thing-O-Matic back in 2010.